Monday, August 24, 2020

Belarus Crisis Web-Archive at UC Berkeley

 Colleagues,


At UC Berkeley, we believe in transparency and collaboration.  And, given the complexities of the region that I have lived in for many years, I thought that it might be a good idea to launch a Web-archive that is dedicated to Belarus Crisis. Belarus was home for me for many years.

I wanted to invite you to collaborate on a Belarus Crisis web-archive that I have launched at UC Berkeley. I know that any Belarusian sites that you would like to nominate to crawl will be helpful to us.

I must tell you that the technical aspects of crawling the web have been one of the most challenging parts of the process. If you would like to nominate any additional sites please feel free to write off the list citing your reasons for such nomination. We will review the site and add it if the current technical capabilities allow us to crawl a particular site carefully.

It is a work in progress with several nuances but here is the link that I wanted to share with you.
Belarus Crisis : August 2020

Thank you so much. 
Respectfully,
Liladhar

--
Liladhar R. Pendse, PhD
Librarian for East European and Central Asian Studies Collections
Librarian for the Caribbean and Latin American Studies Collections
Librarian for Armenian and Mongolian Studies Collections
University of California, Berkeley
Lpendse@library.berkeley.edu
http://update.lib.berkeley.edu/Topics/latin-american-studies-collections/

No comments: