This spring IRRT moved to a Drupal based appointment process. This vastly improves the appointment process. Thank you for your persistence in working with us through this migration!
How to use the IRRT Volunteer Form
About the Form
People interested in serving on an IRRT committee must now complete a special online form. The online volunteer form collects information about your background, the kind of work you would like to do, and the names of groups to which you would like an appointment.
Accessing the Form
- Go to the ALA web site (www.ala.org)
- Click on "Log In" in the upper right hand corner of the home page. Enter your ALA login and password. Please Note: you cannot access the form if your ALA membership is not current.
- Next, go to the Committee Volunteer form at:
Committee Volunteer Form
[Note: If you did not log in at ala.org, you'll first be taken to the generic ALA login screen before you can proceed to the Committee Volunteer Form.]
Completing the Form
- On the welcome screen will be a dropdown box. Make sure that you click on the box to open the dropdown menu. Click on IRRT. Then click CONTINUE.
- Clicking CONTINUE gets you to the first page of the form. Fill out as much information as you can. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- At the bottom of the first page is another selector drop down for locating the groups for which you want to volunteer. First select IRRT, then click CONTINUE. You will now see a listing of all IRRT Committees.
- Remember that you can have up to 3 ALA appointments a year.
- Select from 1 to 3 IRRT committees. After making your selections, click CONTINUE to access a review page to verify your selections
- Clicking SUBMIT on the review page enters your form in the database and creates a final receipt page which details your volunteer requests through the most current session. You may want to print this page for your records.
If this works, John Hickok, 2014-2015 IRRT Chair-Elect can then go online to review your committee requests and to verify that there is an opening on the committee(s) you have selected. Later you will receive an email message inviting you to accept a specific appointment!