IFLA Academic and Research Libraries: The usefulness of long-term preservation
Thursday, 8-April – 13:30-15:30 CET/UTC+1 (Live AI Closed Captioning and transcription available)
Event Link: https://zoom.us/j/91812862050
The digital world can be elusive and short-lived, as continuous use of digital material may be dependent on the right file format, fitting displaying medium, and sufficient context information. Printed books preserved in academic libraries continue to be of importance for research even if they’re hundreds of years old. The same applies to digital material, resulting in digital preservation as a field of work for academic libraries. This webinar will first give a comprehensive overview of the basics of digital preservation, and, in a second part, a more in depth account of challenges regarding research data in this field.
- Dr. Katharina Markus - ZB MED – Information Centre for Life Sciences
- Uta Parmaksiz - ZB MED - Information Centre for Life Sciences
Facilitator: Prof. Dr. Ursula Arning
-Organised by the IFLA Academic and Research Libraries Section (ARL)
IFLA Public Libraries and Literacy & Reading Sections: Reflecting Back and Thinking Forward – a mid-term event + business meeting
Monday, 12-April – Thursday, 15-April CET/UTC+1 (Live AI Closed Captioning and transcription available)
Event Registration Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/
IFLA’s Public Libraries and Literacy and Reading Sections invite you to join us online for our joint Mid-Term Seminar and Meeting 12-14 April 2021, when we look at how public libraries have responded to COVID and how the lessons learnt will impact the future. We will also explore some of the great initiatives around reading and literacy that have emerged during this time and how we can expand on this. There will also be an opportunity to ‘meet’ the world’s Children’s Laureates/Ambassadors and hear of their vision for the future. We look forward to our virtual catch up.
All times listed in CET/UTC+1 – For details visit the Unit event page: https://www.ifla.org/node/
- April 12, 2021 - 9:30-10:30: Meet the Children’s Laureates/Ambassadors
- April 13, 2021 - 10:00 - 11.30: The future of libraries in a post COVID world
- April 13, 2021 - 12:00 – 13.30: Literacy and Reading during COVID
- April 13, 2021 - 19:00 - 20:30: Public Library innovations in COVID (Portuguese)
- April 14, 2021 - 10:00 – 11.30: Public Library innovations in COVID
- April 14, 2021 - 12:00 – 13.30: Reading together during a pandemic
- April 15, 2021 - 10:00 - 12:00: Public Libraries Business Meeting
-Organised by the IFLA Public Libraries and Literacy & Reading Sections
Be sure to visit IFLA’s Calendar of Events for additional details, and our recordings of previous events playlist located on the IFLA YouTube channel.
Thanks for sharing beauty diy providing a best Skin and hair care products in chennai. Run your saloons and spa tying up with the best cosmetics shop in chennai we also have Pedicure/Manicure kits,Serums,Fairness Night Crème,Spf,Hair serums, 100% Pure Argan Oil,Natural Body and Face washes,Hair Wash etc…Quality is the only Motto we have!
Post a Comment