Registration is now open for 2020 Sharjah International Library Conference!
Theme: Libraries Meeting the Challenges of the New Normal
The 7th Annual Sharjah International Library Conference (SILC), a collaboration between the American Library Association(ALA) and the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) will gather librarians of all types in a safe environment to discuss, share, and network.
For those unable to attend in-person, this year’s conference attendees will have virtual component to the programming of the conference. Keynote sessions are planned to be live streamed with other sessions pre-recorded. Keynotes will be available after conference dates as well as recorded sessions.
Your registration will include
- International presenters
- 15 concurrent programs on topics for all types of libraries (public, academic, school, and special libraries) covering new trends and technologies, virtual learning and services, challenges of the new normal, staff and leadership development, helping adult learners, and more
- Keynote speakers, including ALA 20-2021 President Julius Jefferson, Jr.
- All sessions in English and Arabic (simultaneous translation)
- Poster sessions and Lightning talks for more best practices and ideas
- Certificate of participation after in-person attendance
- The chance to chat with sponsors and exhibitors about the latest technologies and services in-person or through a virtual meeting
Optional full-day preconference workshops
Attendees will be able to register for one of four full-day hands on workshops ahead of the two-day main conference, November 10. These are in-person only workshops.
Project Outcome for Academic and Research Libraries: Measuring the True Value of Your Library
How to Successfully Market Your Library,
Move Your School Library Program Forward with AASL Standards and Frameworks
National Libraries: Meeting the moment of the pandemic and into the future.
Submit a Poster or a Lightning Talk
Attendees are encouraged to submit a Poster proposal or a ten-minute Lightning Talk. The deadline for these proposals has been extended to October 2, 2020.
- You may need a visa if you are traveling from another country to the United Arab Emirates. SIBF will help with the arrangements; use this SIBF page to find out if you need a visa and how to apply. (If you request a letter of invitation, we will send it after you register.)
- COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines are now posted and will be updated regularly.
- Book your hotel early, for a list of hotels and prices, please visit the hotel guide page.
Check www.ala.org/sibf or track the tag #SIBFALA20 for updates.
For additional information, please contact the ALA International Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment