LIBER's Annual Conference has been running for nearly 50 years, and will continue to do so despite covid-19. This year we're a virtual event.
In the week of 22 June, we warmly welcome you to join us for online sessions and workshops under the theme Building Trust With Research Libraries. All sessions are free to attend and open to anyone. Details of each session can be found in the Programme overview below (click on the links for a fuller session description and to register).
We have tried to avoid scheduling overlaps but inevitably some sessions do run at the same time. Want to attend both? Don't worry! All sessions will be recorded and openly shared so you can always watch the replay, even if you can't attend live.
- Monday, 22nd June – Opening Address- Reflections on the impact of Covid-19 on Open Science; Session #1 – Cultural Change; Panel Session – From Frenemies to Trusted Partners (collaboration between libraries and publishers, and new OA business models)
- Tuesday, 23rd June – Workshops! Topics include SSHOC train-the-trainer bootcamp, transformative agreements, FAIR Data, Linked Open Data, Hot RDM Topics, and Libraries for Teaching and Learning and a Session #10 on Citizen Science Supporting Sustainable Development Goals
- Wednesday, 24th June – Session #2 – Opening Up Knowledge; Keynote from Dr. Christine Koontz; Panel Session – Building Trust in Research Libraries Through Open Science; Session #3 – Securing and Building Trust; Session #4 – Crowd Powered Collaborations.
- Thursday, 25th June– Session #5 – Open Access Insights; Session #6 – Libraries as Open Innovators & Leaders; Meeting of Participants.
- Friday, 26th June – Session #7 – Super-Charging Your RDM Impact; Session #8 – Tools for Transparency & Open Access; Session #9 – Data Visualisation & Metrics.
Links to register for each session can be found on this page. For each session, we have plenty of capacity and we encourage everyone connected to research library communities worldwide to get involved, whether you are working at a LIBER institution or not. It's a fantastic opportunity to discover what the LIBER network can offer you and your organisation, especially in these challenging times.
P.S. In 2021 we will return to an in-person conference in Belgrade, Serbia (tentatively scheduled for 1-3 July 2021).
Post a Comment