Librarians and libraries play an important role in serving and advocating for immigrant and refugee populations. The American Library Association (ALA) International Relations Round Table (IRRT) invites you to submit presentation proposals for their 2018 pre-conference workshop in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Friday, June 22, 2018 from 8am-1pm.
Possible proposal topics include:
· Practical and real-life examples of services for immigrants and/or refugees
· Targeted outreach to immigrants and/or refugees
· Examples of successfully implemented programs
· Working with targeted populations both in the USA and/or internationally
· Advice about implementing services or programs
· How to best reach out to immigrants and/or refugees
· How to develop programs featuring social, economic, health, literacy, and/or technology
· How to secure support for these programs
We are flexible about presentation length, however, presentations should engage the audience. Presentations that will utilize hands-on activities are encouraged.
Post a Comment