Serbian Library Association (SLA) invites colleagues from across the globe to their annual conference "What I talk about when I talk about libraries: Advocacy, Promoting and Lobbying" to be held in Belgrade, Serbia December 13 - 15, 2017.
There will be pre-conference sessions on December 13 and the official conference begins on December 14th with amazing keynote speakers. December 14th is Librarians Day and SLA's 70th birthday, so they are planning a grand celebration!
SLA is currently accepting full papers, short presentations (Pecha Kucha) and poster presentations with topics related to advocacy, such as:
- Visibility of libraries in the media and community
- Skills and knowledge we need for advocacy
- The role of libraries in the United Nations Agenda UN 2030 and society development
- How do the different types of libraries support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- Library statistics for the effective storytelling and performance
- Budget and financing: do we have an alternative?
- The role of library associations in advocating, lobbying and promotion
- Partnerships and networking
- Methods of communication with decision-makers
- Campaigns, activism and social media
- Multimedia and innovative tools
- Library users as advocates
- Communication strategy, public relations and marketing
- Training programs, workshops and forums
Deadline for proposals is September 15. Visit the conference website for more information.
Post a Comment