IRRT Nominating Committee Extends Deadline
Chicago - The ALA 2016 Nominating Committee announces a deadline extension for completing the candidate biographical form for the position of Councilor-at-Large. Any ALA members interested in being considered for candidacy for the positions of ALA Councilor-at-large have until 9:00 a.m. (CDT) on Monday, June 29, to complete the form.
All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://www.directvote.net/
alanomination/2016users.html. You must click on the “Register” link prior to completing the form.
The Nominating Committee will select no fewer than 51 candidates for the 34 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2016 spring election. The elected Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, beginning after the 2016 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2019 Annual Conference.
The ALA Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Questions about running for office may be directed to any member of the Nominating Committee:
· Larry Neal, Library Director, Clinton-Macomb Public Library, Clinton Township, MI (586) 226-5011, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Susan Ballard, Project Director, School Librarian Program Development, Granite State College/University System of New Hampshire, Rochester, NH (603) 247-8308, E-mail email@example.com
· Manuel Figueroa, Talent Development and Training Manager, Queens Library, Jamaica, NY (718) 990-8575, E-mail Manuel.Figueroa@queenslibrary.
· Sharon Hu, Associate Professor, Department of Information Studies, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL (773) 995-2006, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Joquetta Johnson, Library Media Specialist, Randallstown High School, Randallstown, MD (410) 887-0760, E-mail email@example.com
· David Lee King, Digital Services Director, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka, KS (785) 580-4601, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Portia Latalladi, Youth Librarian, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL (312) 747-3725, E-mail platalla@chipublib@.org
· Jennifer Paustenbaugh, University Librarian, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, (801) 422-4301, E-mail Jennifer_paustenbaugh@byu.edu
· Brian Schottlaender, Audrey Geisel University Librarian, University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, CA, (858) 534-3060, E-mail email@example.com
Post a Comment