Contact: JoAnne KempfNews
Office of ALA Governance
Office of ALA Governance
For immediate release (March 5, 2015)
Nominating committee seeks candidates for 2016 election
CHICAGO - The Nominating Committee for the 2016 ALA election is soliciting nominees to run on the 2016 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect, Treasurer, and Councilor-at-large.
The Nominating Committee will select two candidates to run for President-elect, two candidates to run for Treasurer, and no fewer than 50 candidates for the 33 at-large Council seats to be filled in the 2016 spring election.
The President-elect will serve a three-year term: as President-elect in 2016-2017, as President in 2017-2018, and as Immediate Past President in 2018-2019.
The Treasurer will serve a three-year term beginning after the 2016 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2019 Annual Conference.
The Councilors-at-large will serve three-year terms, also beginning after the 2016 ALA Annual Conference and ending at the adjournment of the 2019 Annual Conference.
The ALA President, Treasurer, and Councilors also serve in corresponding roles in the ALA-Allied Professional Association [ALA-APA]. Individuals considering ALA-APA office are encouraged to consult with their employer regarding any restrictions regarding lobbying activities or service on the governing body of a 501(c)6 organization.
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; fax; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form available at https://www.directvote.net/
Nominations and forms must be received no later than June 12, 2015.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the 2016 Nominating Committee. Committee members are:
· Larry Neal, Library Director, Clinton-Macomb Public Library, Clinton Township, MI (586) 226-5011, E-mail email@example.com
· Susan Ballard, Project Director, School Librarian Program Development, Granite State College/University System of New Hampshire, Rochester, NH (603) 247-8308, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Manuel Figueroa, Talent Development and Training Manager, Queens Library, Jamaica, NY (718) 990-8575, E-mail Manuel.Figueroa@queenslibrary.
· Sharon Hu, Associate Professor, Department of Information Studies, Chicago State University, Chicago, IL (773) 995-2006, E-mail email@example.com
· Joquetta Johnson, Library Media Specialist, Randallstown High School, Randallstown, MD (410) 887-0760, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· David Lee King, Digital Services Director, Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library, Topeka, KS (785) 580-4601, E-mail email@example.com
· Portia Latalladi, Youth Librarian, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL (312) 747-3725, E-mail platalla@chipublib@.org
· Jennifer Paustenbaugh, University Librarian, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, (801) 422-4301, E-mail Jennifer_paustenbaugh@byu.edu
· Brian Schottlaender, Audrey Geisel University Librarian, University of California-San Diego, La Jolla, CA, (858) 534-3060, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment