The International Knowledge Conference 2021:Virtual Event (IKC2021) returns from 12th to 13th of July 2021 in a new digital format, and celebrates the conference theme “Sustainable development goals: the roles of knowledge institutions and the public service”, where we invite participants to envision a world filled with possibilities even as we are facing many challenges and much uncertainty now.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.
Sustainable development is center stage not just due to climate change but can also be due to disruptive technologies, information handling, and data manipulations. Rapid developments especially in the field of information and communication technology is impacting all aspects of our life. The emergence of artificial intelligence, robotics and data analytics are enabling machines to do tasks previously privileged for human. Together with advancements in the internet of things (IoT), wearable technology, and fintech, human may potentially become not just physically obese but also mentally inactive. Knowledge institutions and the public service worldwide need to reevaluate their roles in ensuring well informed and knowledgeable communities continue to exist and diversity of ideas flourished.
Over dependence on apps, personal assistance and pushed contents will subject people to the narratives controlled by computers owned by giant technology firms residing in technologically advanced countries.
Objective of the Conference
- To be a venue for researchers, librarians, archivists, knowledge workers, policy makers, students and academicians to share knowledge and experiences, interact and network.
- To discuss and analyse new innovations, current trends and best practices in the management, access and communications of information.
- To overview governmental policies on access to information, provision of library services, freedom of information, intellectual property rights, personal data protection and limiting access to government records for security reasons.
- To identify the potential and suitable applications of ICT in the publication, access, management and preservation on information.
- To evaluate the impact of technological advancement on roles played by libraries and archives especially in encouraging lifelong learning and optimizing human potentials.
- To discuss strategies for optimization of access to information resources in view of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
Sub-themes, all 17 SDGs especially:
- SDG03 - Good Health and Well-being: ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- SDG04 - Quality Education: ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- SDG08 - Decent Work and Economic Growth: promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- SDG10 - Reduced Inequality: reduce inequality within and among countries.
- SDG16 - Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
All knowledge professionals and researchers are very cordially invited to participate in this call for papers and the date for submission of abstracts has been extended to Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
Further details are available on the conference website https://www.pustaka-sarawak.
Should you be interested to participate, please do not hesitate to contact our secretariat team at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp +6 0138348284.
Japri Bujang Masli
Chairman of the IKC2021 Organizing Committee
Pustaka Negeri Sarawak (Sarawak State Library)
Jalan Pustaka, Off Jalan Stadium
93050 Petra Jaya
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Tel : +6082-449126
Fax : +6082-442834
Whatapp : +6013-8348284
Email : email@example.com
Portal : https://www.pustaka-sarawak.