Green Libraries are designed to minimize negative impact on the natural environment and maximize indoor environmental quality by using materials and employing processes that conserve and protect natural resources and the natural environment.
Guidelines for submissions
- Any outstanding Green Library project, initiative or idea may apply for the IFLA Green Library Award. The project, initiative or idea may be presented in any suitable way, for example, through an essay, a video, a poster, an article or a set of slide.
- The presentation of the project, initiative or idea should be submitted to the ENSULIB award reviewing committee.
- The quality and relevance of the project, initiative or idea will be evaluated by the ENSULIB committee in terms of:
- the applicability to the goals and the scope of ENSULIB
- the contribution of libraries to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- the quality of the overall presentation
- the relevance to IFLA’s goals and values (Key Initiative 4.1)
The finalist will be recognized for his/her outstanding submission.
The award includes €500, sponsored by De Gruyter Saur, and will be presented at the 84th IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2018 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
More information about this award and the application form are available on the IFLA website at