Dear IRRT member:
The ALA International Relations Round Table Nominations Committee is looking for members who are passionate about international librarianship and are willing to serve as Executive Board members.
IRRT is pleased to solicit nominations (and self-nominations) for the positions of:
- Vice Chair/Chair Elect -- Chair-elect (2021-22), becomes Chair (2022-23) and serves as immediate Past-Chair (2023-2024)
- Member-at-Large -- serves a two-year term, (2021-2023)
- Secretary/Treasurer -- serves a two-year term, (2021-2023)
- Round Table Councilor – serves a three year term, (2021-2024)
According to IRRT bylaws, position of Chair-elect is a three-year commitment in which one serves as chair-elect, chair and past chair. In the first year, one learns about the work of the Executive Board under the tutelage of the Chair and the past-Chair. The Member-at-Large and Secretary-treasurer positions last two years contributing information and wider perspectives from the field. The IRRT ALA councilor is elected every third year to represent the voice of IRRT at policy-making and governing body of ALA.
For a full description of responsibilities of these office holders, please visit IRRT website.
Executive Board of the IRRT meets monthly through virtual meetings to discuss IRRT related issues which includes those that arise through the various committees and the ones related to international aspects of ALA work as a whole, and work on solutions. Face-to-face meetings take place whenever ALA conference will be non-virtual.
1. Candidates must be current ALA and IRRT members.
2. Provide your CV and a short statement of interest (approx. 100 words) by October 15, 2020.
Nominate yourself or someone you know by sending an email to the Nominating Committee Chair, Muzhgan Nazarova, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference is given to candidates with prior committee experience within IRRT and a track record of contributing to the IRRT mission.
Thank you for your consideration.
The Nominating Committee
Muzhgan Nazarova (Chair)
Library of Congress
California State University Fullerton
Jana De Brauwere
San Francisco Public Library
Library of Congress