Call for Papers
The International Journal of Libraries and Information Studies
Libri was established in 1950 and is a leading international scholarly journal which investigates the aspects of library and information studies from both a historical and present-day perspective and analyses the role of information and knowledge in cultural, organizational, national and international developments.
The journal reports on current trends in library and information studies worldwide and describes their resulting transformation from the introduction of new information and communication technologies, multidisciplinary approaches, changing practices, and evolving methods. Background information and the latest research findings in library and information studies are made accessible to academics, practitioners, and a broader public.
The editors are pleased to consider papers on new initiatives and current issues in library and information studies worldwide, including, but not limited to topics such as:
- Libraries (national, public, academic, school, special, etc.) and other information environments
- Information and knowledge management
- Information for development (developing and industrialized countries)
- Indigenous knowledge
- Literacy (media, information, etc.)
- Data analytics, big data and their impact on organizations (e.g., customer related data; social science perspective)
- Digital libraries and repositories
- Data management, data curation and virtual research environments (VREs)
- Information ethics and information law
- Information retrieval
- Information behavior
- Freedom of access to information and freedom of expression
- Archives & preservation
- Cultural heritage
- Book and publishing history
- Theory submissions
Papers may include theoretical issues surrounding philosophies, policies and trends in all types of library, information, archive, and museum studies.
Articles should be in English and conform to the highest academic standards. Papers that include citations to publications that are not in English or are not in Roman script are welcome.
Libri, the International Journal of Libraries and Information Studies, is published by De Gruyter, and is published both in print (ISSN: 0024-2667) and online (ISSN: 1865-8423) versions.
Libri is indexed with and included in De Gruyter Saur, EBSCO, Elsevier SCOPUS, Gale, Proquest, Thomson Reuters, and Web of Science.
Submit your manuscript to the editors at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.